Throughout 2017 the Astronomy Australia Limited (AAL) initiative for Astronomy Data and Computing Services (ADACS) will deliver data services and expert training to improve data management and computing practises, helping the community to maximise the use of astronomy-focused infrastructure.
As part of the computational training components, we will run a set of webinars that target the intermediate to advanced skill levels. This expands the gSTAR Webinar series to cover national needs.
The next webinar of this series will be: Data Science and Machine Learning with Amazon Webservices.
The Speaker: Adrian White – Senior Technical Business Development Manager, Scientific Computing, APAC at Amazon Web Services.
Within this webinar, Adrian will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to commercial cloud infrastructure and the services provided by Amazon Webservices (AWS).
- Introduction to object storage.
- Scientific computing on the cloud
- Different cloud-based Data Science and Machine Learning services provided to scientists.
- Examples of scientific usage of AWS.
When: The Webinar will be on Wednesday the 29th March from 2 PM to 4 PM (AEDT)